Tailgating at Ole Miss is the most iconic tailgating in college athletics. The setting of The Grove and The Circle on Saturdays in the Fall, as well as the tradition of The Walk of Champions is imitated by many, but it can never be duplicated. That is due in large part because of the make-up of Rebel Nation. As a guest on the campus of Ole Miss on Saturdays you, the fan, make the experience what it is week after week, year after year. That experience is one of inclusion and acceptance of all. No matter the team or group affiliation, sex, gender or race, tailgating at Ole Miss is a family-friendly affair open to all.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
GROVE & CIRCLE
- The Grove and The Circle close at 6:30 pm on Friday nights prior to home football games and reopen at 7 pm for tailgate set-up.
- Campus, The Grove and The Circle close 3 hours after the end of the game or at midnight (whichever is first).
- University Avenue and Grove Loop are open to all fans for drop-off and pick-up beginning at 7 pm on Friday nights.
- On gamedays, University Avenue and Grove Loop will close 3 hours prior to kickoff, or when University Police determine pedestrian traffic to be too great for vehicles to operate safely.
- With the exception of approved University-sponsored tents, all spaces are first come, first served.
- Tents must be at their fully extended width to be considered set. Tents not fully extended are subject to move.
- Tents that are 12 x 20 or smaller are permitted. If a tent is determined to be an unacceptable size or is housing unacceptable activities, the owner or vendor will be asked to immediately reduce the size of the tent or the tent will be removed.
- Stakes and other fastening devices are not permitted under any circumstance. Damage done to the ground, trees, light poles, generators, buildings or any other campus property may result in a fine or the covering of damages.
- Know and obey regulations concerning alcohol use. Drinking is illegal for anyone under the age of 21. Individuals and tent groups that do not follow alcohol regulations are subject to removal and/or arrest.
- Portable generators with a decibel rating of 60db or higher are prohibited.
- Solicitation is strictly prohibited. This includes personal, commercial or political advertisement or handouts.
- Amplified sound is prohibited.
- Extension cords and other electrical cord carriers are prohibited from running across sidewalks and walkways. Low voltage coaxial/satellite cords are permitted but must be cover in a safe manner. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the cords.
- No cords or cables of any type will be allowed to be run or pass through open windows or through doors of campus buildings.
- Power sources may not be drawn from campus buildings without prior, written approval.
- Electrical circuits are not to be overloaded by plugging in multiple extension cords by using splitters or power strips. Circuits that are tripped will not be reset.
- Unauthorized tampering with the University’s electrical distribution equipment, including circuit breaker panels, junction boxes or disconnects will not be tolerated
- Unauthorized entry into any campus building will not be tolerated.
- Do not leave valuables unattended. The University is not responsible for unattended tents and items.
- To ensure personal safety, to protect University property, and to ensure order, the University reserves the right to prohibit the wearing of masks, personal disguises and other means of concealing one’s identity and to prohibit the possession of weapons, props or items that may be used as weapons, and protective gear on the University campus and/or at University events.
- Help keep The Grove and The Circle beautiful by placing all recyclables in designated recycling receptacles and other trash in trash receptacles.
Turnkey, white glove tailgating services lining the Lloyd Bell Tower and All-American Drive bundled with pre-game experiences, premium food and beverage amenities and parking passes. Located directly north of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, you’ll be on the route for the Walk of Champions and just steps away from the stadium gates.